Waymo trip cost $8.92, or $2.27 per mile.
an afternoon Uber trip a day before cost $24.32 (excluding $3 tip) for 18.1 miles or about $1.34 per mile.
Riders appreciated not needing to tip.
1. It was uneventful.
2. There was a children’s car seat.
3. Arizona is an amazing state…and perfect for testing.
4. Waymo One cars stand out on the road.
5. You’re not supposed to talk to the safety driver.
6. The cars are very clean.
7. The inside of the car is relatively normal.
8. I was excited, but I was also a little nervous, the entire time.
9. I would definitely ride in a robot taxi again but I’m not jumping at that feeling.
10. What will we do with more time on our hands?