- AIStorm has been founded in 2011 and has been in stealth mode till the recent announcement of $13.2M round A financing.
- AIStorm’s patented chip design is capable of 2.5 Tera Ops and 10 Tera Ops per watt, which said to be 5x to 10x lower than the average GPU-based system’s power.
- The company uses a technique called switched charge processing, which allows the chip to control the movement of electrons between storage elements
- “The TowerJazz pixel is part of our input layer, so the charge comes from sensors, they produce electrons, and we multiply and move them” – says AIStorm
- AIStorm tested its first chip this month and plans to ship production orders next year
- The company’s first products are to be made in 65nm or 180nm process
- AIStorm is planning Series B round for follow up products in 28-nm and possibly finer nodes
- The production chips are aimed to be compatible with popular AI frameworks such as TensorFlow
from Tumblr http://doronelinav.tumblr.com/post/182907394619